Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the implementation of minimum wage code in the budget.
Budget 2021 Minimum wages code: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the implementation of minimum wage code for every class of workers in Budget 2021. Will be launched for migrant and unorganized workers.
- Last Updated:February 2, 2021, 1:06 AM
The data collected on this portal will be used to provide health and insurance facilities to the workers. Women will also be able to work in night shifts, but compliance will be reduced for employers.
In the budget, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made these other big announcements: 1. One Nation One Ration Card will be applicable in the remaining states. Finance Minister announced this
2. Announcement of 15700 crores for MSME sector.
3. 100 new Sainik Schools will be opened. These schools will be opened in association with NGOs, private schools, states.
4. The Central University Finance Minister announced in Leh, Ladakh.
5. Announcement of scholarship scheme for Scheduled Castes. 750 Eklavya Residential Schools will be formed in tribal areas. Quality will be improved in more than 15 thousand schools.
6. Announcement of country’s first digital census. This will be the first digital census in the country.