Ingredients for Mirchi Vada:
Large Green Chilli – 5
Gram flour – one and a half cup
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Celery – half a teaspoon
Red chilli powder – half a teaspoon
Baking soda – 4 tsp
Potato – 6 (500 grams)
Asafoetida – half a pinch
Cumin seeds – half a teaspoon
Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
Green chili – 2 finely chopped
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Mango powder – half a teaspoon
Garam Masala – half a teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – to fry vada
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Mirchi Vada:
1. To make Jodhpur Mirchi Vada, take one and a half cups of gram flour in a deep vessel and prepare a solution that is smooth by adding a little water to it. The batter should be thick enough to make pakoras. Add half a teaspoon salt, half a teaspoon turmeric powder, half a teaspoon celery, half a teaspoon red chilli powder and 4 teaspoons baking soda and mix it well. Now keep this solution covered for a while so that it swells a little.
2. Now to make the stuffing of Mirchi Vada, mash it. After this, put oil in the pan and put it on the heat so that the oil becomes hot. Put half a pinch of asafoetida, half a teaspoon of cumin seeds in hot oil and fry it lightly.
3. Then add 1 inch ginger, 2 green chilies and fry it on a low flame. Now add half teaspoon turmeric powder, potato pieces, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon coriander powder and ½ teaspoon mango powder, and mix it well by mashing the potatoes.
4. Now add half teaspoon garam masala and 2-3 tablespoons green coriander to it, mix well and fry well in a pan. Take your stuffing is ready.
5. Now take big green chillies, make an incision in the center with a knife and clean out all the seeds of chilli.
6. Put the pan on the heat and heat it by adding oil to it. Now take chilli and fill the potato stuffing in it and wrap this stuffing on top of the chilli too. The rest of the chilies also have to be filled in this way.
7. When the oil is well heated, then immerse the Mirchi Vada in the gram flour solution and fry it on a low flame. When it turns golden brown on both sides, take it out in another plate.
8. Take your hot delicious spicy chilli vada ready, you can serve it in front of the guests with sour chutney or tomato sauce.