Ingredients for making appam:
Semolina / Rava – 1 कप2 cup (about 100 grams)
Curd – half cup (whipped)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Green Peas – 4 cup
Cauliflower – 4 cups (finely chopped)
Rye – 4 tsp
Curry leaves – 10 (cut)
Baking Soda – 4 teaspoons
Green chili – 1 finely chopped
Ginger Paste – ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
1. To make the appam, first take out the semolina in a big vessel, add curd to it and mix it well with a spoon. Now add chopped chilies, cabbage, peas, ginger paste and salt and mix it with a spoon. If this mixture is too thick, then you add a little water and mix it.
2. Keep this mixture covered for 20 minutes so that it is well prepared to make appam.
3. Your batter is ready to make appam. Put the pan on the flame and add oil to it. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds to it. After this, add curry leaves (sweet neem) to it. Now mix this spice in the batter and mix it well. Add baking soda to the batter and mix well.
4. Apply a little lubrication to the mold making the appam. Heat the mold that makes appam on the heat. After this, sprinkle a little solution in each slot with a spoon. After this, cover it with the lid for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Cook it on a low heat till it turns golden brown on one side. After this, flip them on the other side for at least 2 minutes to sink.
6. Take your appam ready. Eat it with coconut chutney, peanut chutney or green chutney.