Know the easy way to withdraw PF money if your old company is closed

In order to secure the future of employees, some part of salary is deposited in the form of provident fund i.e. PF during their jobs.

In order to secure the future of employees, some part of salary is deposited in the form of provident fund i.e. PF during their jobs.

It becomes inactive if the company is closed or the old PF account is not transferred. The interest received on it stops.

New Delhi. The Central Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) collects a part of the salary in the form of provident fund i.e. PF Account during the time of their jobs for the purpose of securing the future of the employees. It may get stuck if the job is changed or the company is shut down.
Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has provided the facility to transfer the PF account or withdraw money by closing the account to deal with such situation. Many times, these accounts are closed due to not transferring the old account and there is no transaction in it for a long time. Many people faced such problems during the lockdown. Suddenly, the closure of companies trapped their PF money. Also, the interest received in it also stops getting. So by adopting these easy procedures, you can avoid this problem.
Also read: FDI in public sector banks is getting maximum interest, know which bank will get huge benefit if you get FD

First of all, get the bank KYC updatedIf your old company is closed and your PF account is deactivated, then you can take help of the bank to withdraw PF money. For this, your KYC process will have to be completed. After this, the claim will be verified by the bank on the basis of KYC documents. According to the EPFO, KYC verification is necessary to get claims related to inactive accounts. Therefore, for KYC, you have to show your photocopy and original of PAN card, Voter Identity Card, Passport, Ration Card, ESI Identity Card, Driving License and Aadhar Card etc.
Also read: Corona vaccine-making serum invested in this big company, know everything

Approval of withdrawal or transfer from provident fund commissioner required

The PF money can be received only after obtaining approval of withdrawal or transfer from the Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner or other officer. Therefore, you will have to contact EPFO ​​officials. How old is your claim and for which reasons the account could not be activated, etc. After verifying the things and looking at the documents, the officials will approve it. After this, your money will come to the bank account in a few days.
Also read: Startups like Paytm, Bharat Pay, you can also create, just have to do this job.

Account is closed if the transaction is not done for three years

If there is no transaction in PF account for 36 months, then the account becomes deactivated. EPFO puts such accounts in the inoperative category. If this happens, you will not be able to do any transaction in it. Also, if someone does not claim such PF account for seven years, then the fund is put into Senior Citizen Welfare Fund. However, you can activate the account again. For this, you have to apply in EPFO.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *