Know Expert’s Opinion
Yogesh Kalwani, Head of Investing at Increde Wealth says, “Gold Bond or Gold Fund or Gold ETF is the best way to invest in Gold. Because all carry minimal risk and yield good returns. Investing in Sovereign Gold Bonds is a better alternative to physical gold. Investors can buy, hold physical gold bars or coins, said Nish Bhatt, Founder and CEO, Millwood Cane International. And will save the cost of selling.Investor can earn a lot by investing in this.
Also read- When Google CEO Sundar Pichai could not stop his tears… Revealed in the interview, because of this he was emotional
Know the features of Sovereign Gold Bond 4th Series
1. Any individual, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), trust, university and charitable institution are eligible to apply for membership of the bond.
2. Individuals can buy gold bonds from commercial banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL), RBI designated post offices and recognized stock exchanges (BSE, NSE) directly or through agents.
3. The minimum investment in gold bonds will be one gram with a maximum limit of 4 kg for individuals, 4 kg for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) and 20 kg for trusts and similar entities.
4. A customer can apply online through the website of the listed commercial banks. Investors applying online will get a discount of Rs 50 per gram.
5. The interest on the bond has been fixed at 2.50% p.a. The interest will be credited to the investor’s bank account half-yearly and the final interest will be paid on maturity along with the principal. Sovereign Gold Bond is tax free on maturity.
6. Its maturity period is 8 years. Also, there is an option to sell after 5 years.